Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's A Plucking Pain!

If men only knew the horrors that we girls go through just to look pretty!  Some of them not so bad, but I'm sure all of us can agree the worst one has be dealing with plucking (or waxing) our eyebrows! Whether it's having warm wax ripped off your face, or the tedious task of plucking each individual hair....well it just hurts! I've had my fair share of cursing infront of the mirror trying to keep them well groomed.  The sharp pain, the occasional little bit of blood from removing the hair root and all, and lets not forget the redness and swelling! Over the years I've found a way to make it a little more tolerable, and not so much a routine that I dread doing  

Step 1Always start with a clean eye/brow area.  Make sure all traces of eye make up are removed, and go over the BROW AREA ONLY (where you pluck) with a little bit of toner.  Also make sure that you clean your tweezers with a little rubbing alcohol before and after each use.  This will cut down on irritation, and keep bacteria from causing problems.  (I'm a little crazy with this step because I read a article a few years ago about a lady who went to a place where they groom eyebrows and ended up getting a staph infection! yikes! So with that being said, make sure EVERYTHING is properly cleaned!)
Step 2Advil is your friend!  I pop one of these 30 min before plucking and it helps a little with the swelling, and pain

Step 3Ice, ice baby!  While you're waiting for your Advil to kick in, grab a ice cube and hold on each brow bone for about 10-15 seconds.  Help with the pain issue.

Step 4: Make sure that when plucking (or waxing) that you go in the same direction the hair is growing.  NEVER GO AGAINST THE GRAIN!  Going in the same direction as the hairs natural growth will cut down on pain.

Once your done plucking/waxing, wash your face (I normally do my plucking at night) and follow your usual skin care routine.  Make sure you use a fresh towel when drying your face.  Think about it, you just plucked, you have tiny open holes where hair has been pulled out.  Do you really want to use a dirty towel that's been hanging around your bathroom on your face, and take the chance of causing some kind of funky problem around your eyes?   

So there it is.  My tips and tricks on how I deal with eyebrows.  I am eventually going to be doing a few video tutorials, and yes this will be one of them, so I'll update everyone on that when I get theme done.  Hope this helps.  Happy plucking!


No comments:

Post a Comment