Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sweet Rewards

It's that time of year again.  Summer!  You know what that means; time to break out the cute tops, tanks, shorts, shoes, and swim suits! But you know what my favorite thing about summer is? End of season sales at my favorite stores! 

I'm a bargain shopper, and proud of it.  The last week I could not believe the sales I was seeing!  I walked away with quite a haul at a fraction of what I would have normally spent.  So here's what I have to share with you if you want summer style on a budget, or just want to get more bang for your buck.

1) As some of you may already know, Victorias Secret is having their Semi-Annual clearance sale! Love, love, LOVE me some VS.  So I went twice....that's right TWICE.  Since the sale is coming to a close very soon, all bras on sale are now 15.99, regardless what it says on the tag! To make it better, they are also starting a rewards program! That's right, you won't have to sign up for the Angels card and worry about a credit card anymore! You get points for every dollar spent, and the points can go towards free stuff and other deals that they have to offer! How awesome is that!

2) American Eagle is also having a end of season sale! Right now they are taking a additional 20% off your purchase, and they are also starting their own rewards program! So again you get points for your purchase, and you can get deals and discounts! Plus they're also having a sale next week (I believe July 7) and they have coupons in the store for 10 dollars off a purchase for 40 dollars or more! I went in there yesterday got a slouchy shirt for 14.99, a t-shirt for 6.99, and the tanks were BOGO 1/2 off! The total was close to 45 bucks, I paid 38!!! I saved an additional 7 bucks on top of the sales prices! And we all know how exspensive AE can be.

3) I encourage EVERYONE to do this! My go to spot for cosmetics is Sephora.  I was in there on Sunday (and I'll admit, I did get a tad bit crazy).  Sephora has a rewards program, where once again, you get points on what you spend! The best part, you can save them if you don't want to get the free gift that they have to offer.  Look at it like rollover minutes on your cell phone.  You don't like the free stuff, just wait it out.  You also get access to special deals for reward cardholders.  *NOTE* It's not a credit card, its more like the little rewards cards you get a the grocery store, you just get points and you reap the benefits! You can also use it online! The plus side to Sephora.com is that you get free shipping over 50 bucks, 3 free samples with purchase, and a little more to choose from ^_^  

So remember, best time to go shopping (for yourself or for the kids) is closer to the end of the season.  You get markdowns on cute stuff, and if you have the patience to wait to the last minute, you get bigger discounts! More bang for your buck on a budget! 

On another note, sorry guys for the lack of blogs and posts.  I've been insanely busy lately.  But I'll try to post a bit more when I can.  Hope all of you are having a great summer, and happy shopping!

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog. I have missed you my friend! Now, I need to get back to my blog. I have been super busy as well.Now, I am feeling inspired to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emmy! Can't wait to check yours out! Yes, I am all about the bargain shopping and getting the most out of your dollar. Got a few ideas I've been playing around with, just got to test them out. So new stuff will be coming soon!

    ReplyDelete